Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday in Guanajuato - Mariachi and Love

No clue what the stamp thing is on this pic.
First of all, I am married to the best man in the world.  Mike has treated me like a queen during this trip and lucky me, I see no end in sight :).

The rain finally cleared up this afternoon and after my siesta, we chose to walk downtown for drinks and dinner.  Did I mention the roads are STEEP here?  Navigating this road when it is raining is near to impossible.
Walk down
Walk up


 As we walked through el centro, I took a few snaps of the beautiful statues.

Miguel Cervantes (author)
Don Quixote (character)
Beautiful central garden in el centro (one of many)

Have I mentioned, I love the doors here?
ummm, not sure what this is but great view from el centro.

I see these things all over the town, any clue what it is?

More gardens downtown.

Mariachi band at Traditional Luna (rest/bar we ate at)
Vampiro (tomato/tequila-type drink, spicy and light!)
Can't recall the name of this one but it was a vodka, lemon & grapefruit drink - delicious.
 A mariachi band was playing for about two hours.  They had brass, accordion, violin, harp, it was amazing.




Camarones (shrimp) appetizer that was unbelievable (about $3 USD)
 We finally moved outside to hear the music better and get some wonderful al fresco experience.  Look at that beautiful smile on Mike's face.  It says "life is REALLY good".


 

I ordered the Lonja de Atun (tuna steak and salad, $7.50 USD)


Mike had steak fajitas with roasted nopales (prickly pear) and chorizo.


My first mass at the church in el centro.  Love the colors of the blue and yellow!

Mineral water with the dreaded ice that they seem to keep giving us "by accident".  I like to think of it as building our immune system.

We are signing off for tonight and will post more of our Guanajuato experience tomorrow.


salud,
Cat and Mike












No comments:

Post a Comment